Jack or Jill of All Trades Needed:
TechShop seeks a bright, enthusiastic, self-motivated "Jack-or-Jill-of-all-trades" to work as a Dream Coach/Facilities Technician.
What is TechShop?
TechShop is a 15,000-square-foot membership-based workshop that provides members with access to tools, equipment, instruction, and a community of creative and supportive people so they can build the things they have always wanted to make. Website Link: www.techshop.ws
TechShop provides its members with access to a wide variety of machinery and tools including milling machines, lathes, MIG and TIG welding stations, a CNC plasma cutter, sheet metal working equipment, drill presses, band saws, industrial sewing machines, hand tools, plastic and wood working equipment including a 4' x 8' ShopBot CNC router, electronics design, testing and fabrication equipment, Epilog 60W laser cutters, tubing and metal working, 3-D printers, Tormach 4-Axis CNC Mill, 3D scanner and the design software needed to run it all. Pretty much everything you'd ever need to make just about anything.
What is a Dream Coach?
In this position you will oversee and assist our members with their projects and in safely using TechShop’s available equipment, as well as perform some machine maintenance and general facilities work. This includes materials and consumables inventory and handling as well as some shop upkeep and cleaning. Experience using basic hand tools is a must. Experience with electrical work, welding, manual and CNC machining is highly desired, but we will train the right candidate.
Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
- Knowing and enforcing all TechShop rules and policies
- Creating a fun, safe and engaging environment for our members
- Building TechShop’s community through member engagement
- Being available to members for questions and assistance
- Giving tours to new and potential members
- Maintaining secured member project storage
- Performing preventative and repair maintenance on TechShop equipment
- Possessing working knowledge of all TechShop tools and equipment
- Teaching Safety and Basic Use (SBU) classes when needed
- Performing general facilities maintenance, organization and cleaning
- Performing consulting, training and prototyping services when needed
- Completion of shift checklists and End of Shift reports
- Relevant Industry/Job/Hobbyist experience
- Mentoring/Teaching experience
- Fantastic customer service skills and a desire to work closely with people
- Intermediate computer skills: proficiency w/ Internet, Email, Google Apps, Word and Excel
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications
- Ability to effectively communicate shop and member issues
- Ability to maintain a clean and organized shop with attention to detail
- Enjoy the process of learning and sharing skills
Starting pay is $12.50/hour
Full TechShop membership privileges, free classes, and the opportunity to be in on the ground floor of a fantastic start-up!
Email HR@techshop.ws with subject line “First Name, Last Name – DREAM COACH”
Please attach your resume in .pdf or .doc format (if you have one/not required). Be sure to include example photos, links and descriptions of projects you believe best showcase your skills and abilities.
Also: Please tell us about yourself in response to the following questions
1) Why do you want to work at TechShop?
2) Do you have any design, fabrication, mechanical or prototyping experience?
3) Do you have any special skills that you feel are applicable to TechShop? What are they?
4) What would you make if you could build anything?
5) What have you made?
6) When are you available to start work?
7) What if any time constraints do you have surrounding your schedule?
8) What is the best way to contact you?
9) When is the best time to contact you?
Note: Only applications submitted in this manner will be considered. Please, no phone calls about this job!
Not all applicants will receive a reply. Thank you in advance for your time!
— Principals only. No recruiters.
— Please do not contact TechShop about other services, products or commercial interests.