Recargo is looking for a stellar candidate for a Senior Hardware Engineer role in Menlo Park, CA. Our challenges are complex, non-standard and at the cutting edge of electric vehicle applications, and we’re expanding our in-house engineering capabilities. As the Senior Hardware Engineer and lead of our EV Devices group, you’ll be responsible for driving design, development, testing and field deployment of a variety of new electric vehicle-related devices. You’ll work closely with our partners and suppliers to develop specifications; source and validate solutions; and perform testing to ensure devices meet Recargo specifications and standards. Top candidates will have a preference for the start up environment; a commitment to innovation in the transportation space; and have strong interpersonal and communication skills. Apply at: https://recargo.recruiterbox.com/jobs/28639.
- Contribute to EV device hardware design
- Lead hardware development planning and documentation
- Lead schematic, layout and component selection
- Manage development phases internally and externally
- Collaborate with internal business development, marketing and engineering teams
- Develop documentation and processes to maintain product quality and schedules
- Develop and implement hardware test plans
- Work with internal engineering team to implement and test firmware
- Set up and manage an EV hardware lab
- Work with internal QC to address field return issues
- Perform process audits at suppliers’ and/or partners’ locations
MINIMUM SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience in hardware development
- Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in implementing C/C++ for embedded device firmware
- Development experience on Unix, Linux
- Experience in consumer hardware product development
- Experience in power management and low power devices
- Proven track record in hardware development of 3G and 4G cellular wireless modems (GSM, CDMA, LTE, UMTS) and integration with consumer electronics
- Able to work independently with minimal direction
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
NICE TO HAVE
- Masters degree in EE or related field preferred
- Understanding of and experience in electric vehicle diagnostic interfaces (OBD II/CAN BUS)
- Automation skills using Python, Perl, Shell or other scripting languages
- Flexibility to adapt to changing organization needs
- Appreciation of electric vehicle driver needs
- Passionate about helping deliver a sustainable transportation revolution
Recargo is leading the electric vehicle software revolution. We make the world’s most popular charging station locator app, PlugShare, and deliver unique insights into the EV market, comprehensive EV fleet management tools and vehicle-grid integration services to a wide range of private and government customers. We pride ourselves on a great customer experience for EV drivers, and are working to deliver the next generation in electric vehicle management technology. Recargo is a diverse group of engineers, scientists, planners, journalists and other passionate people who care deeply about sustainable transportation and are dedicated to fostering the growth of electric vehicles.
Recargo is an equal opportunity employer. We provide competitive compensation and the chance to work with talented people in a fast-paced and market-leading environment. We offer medical, dental, life insurance, paid time off and more.
No phone calls please, no agencies or recruiters. Apply at https://recargo.recruiterbox.com/jobs/28639.
WHY WORKING AT RECARGO IS AWESOME
Creative and technical freedom is valued.
Everyone on the team has the ability to directly impact the business and help us continue to grow.
We offer comprehensive health care benefits to regular full-time employees.
We’re part of an amazing community of companies working to define the future of transportation and energy. The industry is growing and changing rapidly your work helps drivers every day.
A good work/life balance is at the core of our culture.