JumpstartMD is looking for Nurse Practioners and Physician's Assistants to join us as Clinicians in the SF Bay Area!
JumpstartMD is the largest non-surgical medical weight management practice in Northern California, and the one most recommended by Bay Area physicians. Clinically proven up to 4-times more effective than other programs and popular diets, JumpstartMD offers a comprehensive “Meals, Movement & Mindset”© approach based on fresh, real food eating strategies designed to foster sustainable results.
JumpstartMD’s team of medicine, nutrition, psychology and fitness experts offer private care, individually-tailored programs and one-on-one weight management support in 11 convenient locations around the bay. JumpstartMD plans to add additional locations in the Bay Area as well as create capabilities to support profitable growth and expansion beyond the Bay Area in order to deliver the best patient experience in the industry.
Clinician Job Description
The Clinician is the medical leader in the JumpstartMD office, providing medical oversight for all patients and ensuring high quality patient care and exemplary service by all staff members. As with all staff, you demonstrate JumpstartMD values in your daily leadership.
Provide routine care and management of patients as outlined in JumpstartMD’s standardized procedures (40%)
Model exemplary patient interaction and program delivery (40%)
• Exude warmth, empathy, positivity and confidence with patients
• Use active listening to collect information and maintain a patient-centered focus
• Assess patients skillfully to identify their needs
• Apply teaching and counseling techniques skillfully to address patients’ needs
• Conduct productive, efficient patient consultations
Provide on-site leadership and direction to staff as needs arise (10%)
• Assist Program Counselors with patient-related issues
• Elevate program or operational issues to Clinician Manager or Director of Operations
Develop and maintain a strong knowledge base of weight loss principles and effective use of 15 Healthy Habits resources (10%)
• Embrace learning to continually strive for better results with patients
• Use and champion new resources from 15 Healthy Habits framework
• Actively seek knowledge on best practices in nutrition, exercise and psychology as related to weight loss
• Attend monthly Med Staff meeting
The ideal licensed Medical Professional at JumpstartMD has a passion for helping individuals transform their lives through nutrition education, exercise guidance, and lifestyle coaching. Candidates must possess these qualities:
• Mastery of the physiology, pharmacology, and psychology underlying the Jumpstart weight loss approach
• Superb interpersonal skills—a “people person,” empathetic listener, sensitive, upbeat, optimistic, articulate, gracious, and tactful
• Ability to quickly build relationships with weight-loss patients with varying backgrounds, personalities, temperaments, and needs
• Genuine empathy and compassion, especially as it relates to undertaking a difficult personal transition
• Strong conviction in the underlying rationale behind our approach
• Curiosity, desire to learn, and dedicated teacher
• Adaptability and desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced setting
• Ability to thrive in a team environment
In addition, these qualities are desired but not essential:
• Previous experience in the weight-loss field
• Background in nutrition, fitness, teaching, or coaching
• History of weight struggle and/or experience with the Jumpstart program
• Self-motivated and resourceful in seeking methods to improve the JumpstartMD program
• Successful completion of accredited NP or PA program.
• Active California license
• Commitment to quality healthcare