About Wearable Intelligence:
Wearable Intelligence is a technology company building enterprise solutions using wearable computing hardware such as Google Glass. Our mission is to empower every enterprise by giving their employees the right information at the right time. We're the first enterprise company devoted specifically to wearable technology, and we're solving difficult problems for real customers that will impact 80% of the world's workforce, from doctors & nurses to manufacturing and energy workers.
Our engineers are forging a new path, exploring the technical and UX challenges of an entirely new platform, and are passionate about true innovation. We give our small, growing team freedom and responsibility to solve complex problems that have real and massive impact on the world's biggest companies and industries.
Our leadership team includes folks who've built and sold successful companies, and we're backed by First Round Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, and other prominent investors.
As one of our early team members, you'll learn from and work directly with product managers, designers and senior engineers to develop complex in-browser apps as well as the web platform for the client-facing part of our product. We're growing, and we'd be thrilled for you to grow your career with us.
Here are some of the product challenges you'll own:
* You'll build responsive end-user applications for modern browsers that run on computers and tablets
* You'll develop a web-based platform of tools and components for managing content sent to and from our wearable devices, as well as render the analytics for the associated data
* You'll work with designers, product managers, and other engineers to imagine, build, and launch products and features that will have immediate impact to some of the world's leading companies
* You'll balance rapid prototyping with production-grade code
* As an early employee, you'll learn engineering best practices from an experienced team as we build new technology together.
Here are some things we'd be thrilled to see in a strong candidate:
* You have at least 1 year of professional software engineering experience, and can share a project or two you've developed in Ruby on Rails.
* You have formal training in Computer Science or another technical discipline, or you're self-taught, experienced and technically fluent.
* Your goal is to build and ship usable, fool-proof products for people everywhere.
* You're comfortable working without collaborators or substantial technical guidance. But that said, we're a close team and teach and learn from each other pretty much every day.
Bonus points for:
* You can demonstrate experience supporting web applications with leading NoSQL database tools like MongoDB or Redis
* You can share projects in which you've developed single-page web applications with CoffeeScript, Angular.js, Backbone.js, jQuery and templating tools like Bootstrap.
* You have a knack for data visualization and have some experience working d3.js or Raphael
* You can share open source projects you've completed via a personal project page or GitHub repository.
Here's what we can offer you:
* Competitive salary, benefits and early-stage equity
* Sunny San Francisco office close to CalTrain, Muni and BART
* A team with a strong track record of building successful companies and innovative products. We teach each other and learn new frontiers together
* $5K to get the setup you deserve
* Opportunities to get your product in front of category leaders
* Time to attend industry conferences and grow in your field
How To Apply
* The Sourcery will be the first point of contact.
* All applications receive a response.
* All applications are kept strictly confidential.
* Apply via this link: http://www.thesourcery.com/jobs/760