Our Lead SDET role requires a strong background in writing functional, integration and performance test automation for distributed service architectures. thePlatform’s media publishing system SDK requires RESTful services working in concert and requires in-depth technical understanding to test them effectively. Lead SDETs assist testers across several functional components concurrently, mentor mid and junior-level engineers, design and build test automation, and provide constructive reviews of test plans, test code and test process in an agile environment sharply focused on delivering customer value.
This position offers a remarkable opportunity to utilize your testing, design and coding skills on a broad range of technologies, and processes in a growing company with one of the healthiest development organizations you'll find anywhere.
• Provide technical leadership for the design and implementation of test automation.
• Attend product specification reviews and assist teams writing and reviewing test plans.
• Write performance test plans and automation for integrated services and clusters.
• Compose user stories for test with realistic time/effort estimates.
• Develop and support test modules, and evangelize their use.
• Keep abreast of industry developments and evolve thePlatform’s best practices.
• 8+ years writing test plans and building automation with Java and TestNG or JUnit.
• 2+ years experience leading a team in an agile environment.
• Expert test code troubleshooting, debugging and refactoring.
• Proven experience with SOA, design patterns and web services technologies.
• Recognize and test service, database and environment inter-dependencies.
• Proficient with MySQL or Oracle, and sharing between datacenter topologies.
• On point verbal and written communication skills.
• Confidence and an easy-going personality.
• Bachelor of Computer Science or a related discipline.
thePlatform helps content providers, broadband media sites, and mobile businesses solve their unique media publishing requirements. Our proven media management and publishing technology services scale with our customers’ operations and support their business model with an open, versatile approach to providing an ideal technical solution for their needs. Customers include CNBC, Comcast, Fox Sports Network, NBC Local Media, SyFy, Time Warner Cable, British Telecom and numerous others.
This is a great place to work - we consider our company to be one of the best-kept secrets in town! We take pride in our incredibly bright and driven employees who believe in the importance of having fun while being the best they can be. Our location in downtown Seattle means that the waterfront, biking trails, funky coffee shops and lunch restaurants are mere steps away from our office. We are determined to create an environment where our employees are valued, understand our business goals, and are motivated to provide our customers with the best digital media management services in the industry.
This position will be filled at thePlatform headquarters in downtown Seattle, WA. thePlatform offers competitive compensation and spectacular benefits typically seen only at very large organizations, including free cable, internet and an employee stock purchase plan, due to our company’s association with Comcast. Please visit our Careers page to learn more about our culture and benefits. www.thePlatform.com
Like us on Facebook and learn more about us! https://www.facebook.com/theplatform.people