Description: Program Manager/Project Engineer \u2028
Job Purpose: Lead the execution of two related R&D projects for our end customer, the Army’s Tank and Automotive Research, Development and Engineering Center (TARDEC). Support business development in the pursuit of future business by assessing task lists and deliverables TM3 Systems will be contracted to perform and produce. The qualified candidate will complete these customer projects by organizing and controlling project elements. Role will require regular customer and vendor interface and ability to work independently.
Experience required: entry level up to 5 years
• Ensure tasks and deliverables for existing contracts are completed and achieved.
• Develop new project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
• Determine project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assign personnel to phases and elements; review bids from contractors.
• Determine project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; complete technical studies; prepare cost estimates.
• Confirm product performance by designing and conducting tests as needed.
• Determine project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
• Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
• Control project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
• Control project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
• Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
• Maintain project database with Excel spreadsheets, Microsoft Project, and/or other project management tools as required.
• Ready to contribute to non-program objectives as member of small, dynamic team.
Skills/Qualifications: Requirements Analysis, Design Skills, Project Management, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Process Improvement, Technical Understanding, Documentation Skills, Safety Management, Supervision
Other desired expertise (not required): Power Electronics, Controls, Embedded Systems, Renewable Energy (esp. Solar PV, Battery Storage) MATLAB, CAD/CAM, Circuit Design
Compensation: Range $50-75K plus benefits (commensurate with experience)
Company Description: TM3 Systems is a start-up company that develops smart power distribution products for portable and temporary microgrid applications. Our products enable the incorporation of renewable energy and provide system monitoring, automation, control, and optimization, increasing the efficiency and reliability of power systems for our customers in the military, remote industry, and developing nations. We are a small team with significant opportunities for personal and professional growth.