Beyond is looking for an Associate Analyst to help build our analytics practice. We are a rapidly growing digital agency that provides analytics, search, content, and digital creative services. We work with some of the leading companies in tech, healthcare, consumer, and financial services including Google, Facebook, & Hershey's. Our agency is comprised of the most creative, intelligent and innovative people in the business. It's a fast-paced, exciting environment and a great place to work!
Beyond’s research and analytics team is based in our San Francisco office. Our team gathers and interprets raw social data from Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. Essentially, they absorb all this arbitrary noise; all the things users like to shout about, identify the trends, and then document what’s actually important to that particular projects’ demographic. We mine this data continuously to understand people's needs and to drive the creative plan forward.
The ideal candidate has a mix of research experience and critical thinking skills that can help us deliver truly unique insights. Whether you have worked in a university lab, scoured the library stacks gathering data on your thesis, or analyzed the traffic to your blog, we want to see how you think. It also doesn’t hurt if you know your way around Facebook, Twitter, and the media universe at large.
· Preparing high quality, error-free research reports consistent with Beyond and client standards
· Working within the Beyond Analytics team to further develop capabilities and efficiencies
· Support a team of analysts on all stages of research, including data collection, chart creation, report creation, analysis writing and report editing.
· Creating easy-to-understand visualizations for quarterly reports for companies such as Hershey's, Abbvie, VMware (e.g., PowerPoint and chart templates, interactive charts, info graphics, etc.)
· Use content databases and online tools to gather data, and analyze content to identify trends in conversations
· Staying informed on the communications and marketing analytics industry, including new technologies, methodologies, and important players
· Help design research that assists new business efforts
· Manage contract workers in collecting and organizing data
· Interact with clients and write strategic recommendations for client projects
Required Background & Qualifications:
· Four-year college degree from a top tier school with desired emphasis in social sciences, psychology, anthropology, business, marketing, applied mathematics, statistics or communications
· Intellectually curious, can-do attitude, and ability to hit the ground running on projects
· Competence with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Well-developed writing and organizational skills
· Professional interest in technology or healthcare
· Basic statistical skills, including sample size calculation, confidence intervals, margin of error and linear correlation/regression desirable
Perks of Working at Beyond
We offer a really competitive salary and great benefits, including the opportunity to work from our other offices in New York, and London.
You will get 25 days holiday (plus a nice week off at Xmas and a bonus holiday on your birthday). If your background matches our Associate Analyst needs please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements for the job and explain how you would make a great addition to the Beyond team.