Our products need to handle information at the scale of the web. We're looking for ideas from every area of computer science, including information retrieval, artificial intelligence, distributed computing, large-scale system design, and user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work with a small team and on projects as our fast-paced business grows and evolves. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
- Research, develop, and apply methods for measuring and analyzing our data.
- Develop new algorithms and methods for optimizing product performance, revenue, and adoption.
- Research new ways for modeling and predicting end-user behavior.
- Lead investigations into multiple streams of product data.
- Design experiments to answer targeted questions.
- Conduct exploratory data analysis in high dimensions.
- MS in Computer Science. Can be replaced with extraordinary strong background in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, and Statistics.
- Strong coder in Python, C/C++, and/or Java. (R, Matlab, etc. don't count.)
- You know what all these terms are and can write Wikipedia articles on at least a couple of them: Maximum Likelihood, Bayes' Rules, Bayes' Ball, Mutual Information, Viterbi, Hidden Layers, Regularization, Cost Function.
- N(23%, 5%) of your dreams consist of algorithms, Machine Learning, or software. Changing the world is also an acceptable topic.
- Broad work experience with large data sets.
- Strong experimental design and analysis skills.
- Considerable practical experience in quantitative analysis or game theory.
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction.
- Specific positions can benefit from experience in one or more of: operation research, online advertising, search commerce.
- Ability to draw conclusions and recommend actions based on data.
- Excellent leadership, communication, project management and organizational skills.
- Strong consistency and attention to details.
About Reflektion, Inc.:
Reflektion is an early-stage, cloud-based, software company bringing machine learning to revolutionize commerce. Reflektion is strongly backed by a number of successful Silicon Valley entrepreneurs and business leaders. Over the last year, our superstar technical team re-invented what consumers expect from popular websites, using machine learning, information retrieval, distributed computing, and user interface design. We offer a complete suite of solutions for retailers wanting to cater to customers individually, learn in real time their needs and support them on any device. We have realized phenomenal success in the limited release of our first product in the last 12 weeks. We are planning a major media launch early next year. As our fast-paced business grows and evolves, we need passionate and versatile engineers to tackle hard problems, support interesting customers, and have a great time.