CynergisTek is a leading provider of compliance, information security, and risk management professional services to (primarily) the healthcare industry. Being that any consulting firm is measured by the caliber of its people, we are constantly seeking excellent human resources to add to our team. We are currently recruiting for open positions as InfoSec Analysts/InfoSec Consultants and we're also looking for a junior developer interested in the InfoSec space to work on some coding projects for us.
Our corporate offices are in Austin, TX at Mo Pac and Research (near The Domain) and these positions would be based out of that office.
NOTE WELL: A FULL RESUME is expected to be attached with your submission of interest for this position. Without a resume and cover letter attached, you will NOT be considered for this position.
* Serves as the client’s network security consultant to all functional areas within the client's organization
Participates in client network review/design to ensure implementation of appropriate security policies and best practices
* Provides client expert technical security consulting services ensuring that secure configuration and best practices are implemented
* Provides client analysis of security systems (firewalls, intrusion detection system (IDS), intrusion prevention system (IPS), etc.)
* Remains abreast of the total infrastructure protection environment in order to integrate information systems security with other security disciplines
* Stays informed of the network industry, and compliance/regulatory trends, emerging technologies, regulations, and mandates
* Performs client vulnerability testing (both external and internal)
* Conducts penetration testing for clients (both external and internal)
* Reviews vulnerability/penetration testing results and performs root cause analysis to extract process and programatic causes (where applicable).
* Writes summary reports of findings for testing activities.
* Conducts WLAN security assessments and associated reporting.
* Executes communications security assessments and associated reporting.
* Performs social engineering engagements when requested by the client.
* Performing other duties as assigned; willing to take on new challenges and responsibilities to support client’s mission.
* UNIX Scripting experience preferred