Avvo is looking for some really kick-ass Software Developers who can help us take our products from conception to completion. You will work closely with Development, Design and Product teams to shape the direction of Avvo's leading Internet and legal products. This is a great opportunity to be on the leading edge of building from the front end to the database layer.
We use whatever tools and technologies we think are best for the situation, including Ruby, Rails, Redis, Solr, Git, Chef, SASS/Compass, neo4j, Sinatra, Objective-C, and EC2.
We're looking for:
- Passion for building software. Huge bonus points if you've built or maintained open source software or side projects. (Send us your GitHub profile!)
- Fluency in multiple programming languages. We're mostly built on Ruby, but you don't have to know it coming in.
- Enthusiasm for learning about new technologies and sharing them with your coworkers. We've seen huge productivity improvements from using new tech, so a keen eye for cool new stuff is a plus.
- Collaboration with other disciplines you'll be working closely with designers and PMs, and it takes everyone's skills to build something remarkable.
- A strong desire to build the best product for your customers, no matter how long it takes to get there.
We focus on small, cross-discipline teams building Web, iOS and Android applications. When you're done, you'll get to extract stuff that would be useful to other people and open-source it. We're the team behind projects such as:
- resque-scheduler (https://github.com/bvandenbos/resque-scheduler)
- robut (https://github.com/justinweiss/robut)
- resque_unit (https://github.com/justinweiss/resque_unit)
- delsolr (https://github.com/avvo/delsolr)