Forum Analytics is seeking a mid-level Software Quality Assurance Tester at our River West offices in Chicago, IL. We are located along the Chicago River at Halsted and Chicago Avenue in a historic factory building, with striking skyline views and a private courtyard.
Our office is a fast-paced, young, entrepreneurial environment where you will be encouraged to express yourself, take ownership of your work, and improve and apply your knowledge to help us continue our rapid growth as an industry leader in data-mining and geo-spatial technologies. Forum Analytics was just rated a "Top 100 Most Promising Big Data Analytics Company" by CIO Review magazine.
As a Software Quality Assurance Tester you will be responsible for planning, designing, developing and conducting a wide range of quality control tests and analysis to ensure that all application products and solutions meet organizational standards and end-user requirements. You will work closely with developers to facilitate the tracking of bugs and enhancements and apply best practice processes for software testing. In addition, you will be responsible for maintaining and analyzing the acquired test data. The testing team ensures the solutions we build for our clients are of the highest quality, reliability and performance.
The ideal candidate will have:
• 1+ years of experience in a software development or quality assurance role
• Experience with both manual and automated testing methods
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to communicate technical issues to both technical and non-technical staff
• Ability to work as part of a team of developers implementing a comprehensive test plan
• Ability to work independently to investigate and prioritize issues in existing systems
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to coordinate and apply existing testing methods and procedures
• Experience with at least one automated testing framework
• Knowledge of major web browsers, particularly Internet Explorer
• Experience with issue tracking tools
• Familiarity with Google Maps
• Strong Excel skills
DESIRED ADDITIONAL SKILLS/EXPERIENCE (what will set you apart)
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
• Experience with ArcGIS, Alteryx, or MapInfo
• Experience using Microsoft Access, Sharepoint
• Knowledge of Stata, S-PLUS, or SAS
• Experience testing on mobile devices
Preference will be given to local candidates in the greater Chicagoland area.
We offer competitive benefits including:
• Two weeks paid time off in first year
• Company-subsidized Blue Cross PPO or HMO Health Insurance
• A company matching 401(k) and profit sharing program
Compensation: $55,000 to $65,000 based on experience + 401K with Company Match + BCBS Health Care Plans (Your Choice of 4 Plans)
Visit our website: www.ForumAnalytics.com for more information about the company and its offerings. NO CALLS PLEASE.