Ian and Pelu, the Augmedix co-founders, first teamed up at Stanford to develop medical devices as part of the Biodesign program. Over the course of the program, the two realized that no matter what the specialty, physicians were drowning in a flood of data and documentation. Their focus quickly turned to digital health.
After trying an early version of Google Glass in the summer of 2012, the two realized the platform’s potential in healthcare and dropped everything to create the world’s first Google Glass startup. That company, Augmedix, was founded with one core belief: technology can free physicians and allow them to focus on what they do best - taking care of patients.
We are seeking full-time documentation specialists with a strong interest in medicine to work one on one with a variety of medical professionals and document the patient visit in the EHR. As part of this team, you will have the ability to gain experience in different medical specialties while collaborating with a team of young, talented professionals working to revolutionize healthcare.
Documentation Specialists create medical notes for providers remotely into the EHR from the US Augmedix Scribe Center. Scribes are responsible for documenting the history of present illness, past medical and family history, review of systems, physical exam, diagnostic studies, and plan for the providers. Augmedix Documentation Specialists are also responsible for preparing charts and cards for the provider at the beginning of each day. Documentation Specialists will be required to learn the preferences for a variety of different providers and must pass assessments and quality checks on a regular basis in order to remain assigned to a provide.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Assist physicians in documenting the patient's medical record (EMR)
- Navigate the EMR during assistance of patient care
- Assist physicians in a variety of specialties including primary care, orthopedics, rheumatology, etc.
- Must have a college degree or be working towards completing a college degree
- Prior clinical experience required such as volunteering, shadowing, clinical research, scribing, paramedic --training, or being a medical assistant
- Excellent spelling and typing skills
- Quick to pick up new technology
- Knowledge of medical terminology highly preferred
- Self-sufficient and quick to learn
- Successful completion of Augmedix Scribe Curriculum Program within the first 30 days of employment
- Flexibility to work different shifts during the week including some shifts which may start at 5am PST
- Familiarity with navigating the electronic medical record (EMR) highly preferred
- Health, Dental, Vision and Commuter benefits
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Dog friendly work environment
- Opportunity for growth and promotion within Augmedix
- Multitude of events, socials, networking opportunities
- Opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds in healthcare technology
Ability to Advance:
Documentation Specialists who wish to become full time Augmedix Implementation Specialists must show consistent high quality charting and service to providers. In addition, he/she must demonstrate initiative to take on more projects within Clinical Operations. A one year commitment to Augmedix is also required to advance.
Please apply through our website:
Or this link here: