The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is part of the nation’s central bank. We’ve provided many opportunities for professional growth during our history.
For sixteen years in a row, we’ve been named “One of Northeast Ohio’s Best Places to Work” by North Coast 99. This prestigious award honors organizations with outstanding employment practices, including compensation, benefits, training, recruitment, retention, community services, and employee communications.
At our state-of-the-art offices, we are seeking innovative thinkers with the vision to build the framework that will carry the Bank into the future. Join our team!
Technical Support or Senior Technical Support
The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is seeking a highly talented Technical Support or Senior Technical Support to join our eGovernment (eGov) Team.
Responsible for providing a broad range of technical support services for Treasury's large scale, webbased financial transaction processing applications managed by eGov.
-Provides technical assistance for business operations and application development to ensure applications are running optimally in production, test, and development environments.
-Interacts with technicians such as, application integrators, network and infrastructure engineers to provide ongoing second and third level support for off-the-shelf and custom written enterprise-wide applications, including application monitoring, application tuning, troubleshooting, resolution of complex technical issues, and development of or support for standard maintenance procedures.
-Provides assistance with data analysis, capacity plans, and execution of contingency plans.
-Serves as technical resource to internal and external IT groups. May provide subject matter expertise for third party products and utilities used to support enterprise-wide applications.
-Works directly with users such as technicians with federal agencies to resolve third party interfacing system technical issues.
-Works with the development staff to understand the software products and any enhancements that are deployed, consults with developers on issues related to the impact of development on the infrastructure, works with system engineers and developers to define server configuration settings, leads the migration of code through staging environments to production, and provides assistance to software quality assurance technicians during system acceptance testing.
-Understands transaction, batch, and file processing flows.
-May provide subject matter expertise for third party products and utilities used to support enterprise-wide applications.
-Required to provide rotational on-call support.
-Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
-Adheres to the Bank's attendance policies through regular and prompt attendance.
-Requires following vaguely defined procedures. Decisions are consistently made within reason and
affect the work group or department.
Problem Solving Skills:
Logical analysis: Requires thinking through and solving problems step by step, often looking beyond the obvious solution to a problem and digging deeper for the best solution.
-Working in a group environment: Requires working as part of a group to solve issues and problems.
- 4-year computer related degree or post graduate systems or technical training
- 1+ years of related work experience for Technical Support
- 3+ years of related work experience for Sr. Technical Support
- Employees typically sit most of the day, work with a computer and may answer/respond to phone calls. Physical movement consists of walking for meetings, breaks, etc. Ability to lift items weighing approximately 20 pounds on a limited basis is required. Employees may be required to travel by car/air.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex technical documentation
- Ability to comprehend business operational requirements
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex and communicate complex technical analysis to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong technical skills with the ability to coordinate, manage and ensure the success of deployments
- Excellent problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Candidate must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or green card holder and have resided in the U.S. for at least (3) consecutive years.
Linus, Solaris, Unix, Windows
App Server administration, installation, software deployment, configuration
MQ, Connect Direct
Web server, load balancer
STMP Mail Gateway
Web services: wsdl, xsd
Security certificates, protocol, cipher
Scripting: bash, ksh, perl, etc.