We are looking for a special individual to collaborate with a family and forward-thinking school in Mountain View. This individual will be a one-to-one aide supporting a 6th grade student socially, emotionally, and academically at school. We are looking for someone who has experience working with children with special needs in an academic setting and who can partner with the parents, school staff, and specialists to help the child thrive in all areas!
· Provide one-on-one social-emotional and academic support to student in classroom setting and/or during off campus activities
· Utilize therapeutic interventions and emotional de-escalation techniques in order to encourage, engage, and support student in educational and peer activities
· Teach and support student in using social-emotional coping skills to improve and maintain self-regulation
· Recognize possible triggers and antecedent behaviors and intervene prior to incidents occurring
· Collaborate with teachers and school staff in order to keep student engaged in learning and on-task and to discuss and modify academic goals and expectations as needed
· Become an integral part of a collaborative treatment team including specialized caregivers, mental health professionals, and parents
· Bachelor’s degree in psychology, child development, education or other related field; Master's degree preferred
· Experience working with children with special needs in an academic setting
· Comfortable working with a two-household family
· Warm, kind, empathic, and flexible individual with a great sense of humor, who can create a trusting relationship with a charismatic, bright, and sensitive child!
· Strong desire and willingness to learn, consult, and strategize with parents and treatment team
· Good problem-solving skills and the ability to develop creative solutions in the moment
· Formal training in therapeutic interventions and emotional de-escalation techniques using behavioral and social-emotional methodologies