Near Redwood City/Menlo Park:
As a child educator / nanny, responsible to provide a nurturing and stimulating environment for our 8.5-year-old boy and a 6.5-year-old girl to thrive. The children are in school until 3 or 4pm and thereafter they will be responsible for caring for the children’s emotional and intellectual growth. The nanny will be responsible to drive the children to fun outings and activities, coordinate and manage play dates, take the children to the doctor for routine visits, appropriately communicate with the parents so that we can all work as a team for the betterment of the children.
We are ideally looking for someone who can work for 30-40 hours a week. Hours will be 12/1pm to 8/9pm with the flexibility to stay late once a week or so. However, we are very flexible on hours and can increase or decrease them for the right person.
Experience in early childhood education, psychology, work in a preschool/ elementary school is a huge plus. We are really looking for a loving educator in this role.
- Background and experience in early childhood development.
- Energetic and creative with a 'can-do' attitude. A positive personality with strong morals and values.
- Good communicator who can relate the salient occurrences of the day and any themes they see with the children to the parents.
- Flexibility to travel with us occasionally.
- Valid driving license with clean driving record
- Require own transportation to and from our home but will drive our car to transport children and run errands
- Fluent English. Fluency in Spanish or Mandarin a plus.
- CPR certified.
As a family assistant, they will be required to assist with household maintenance - overseeing vendors for pool, home and garden maintenance, organization of the home and purchasing of household supplies. There will be occasional party planning and gift purchasing and wrapping as well.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a self starter, have excellent organizational skills, multi-tasker with an ability to prioritize tasks actively, good team player who is open to taking direction and feed back.
Please send inquiries to Mehta.firstname.lastname@example.org