Struct Club, a Los Angeles-based fitness tech startup, is building its software team and hiring its first full-time mobile developers. Struct Club’s Mobile Developer will be a founding member of our Engineering Team.
We are looking for a skilled developer who cares about creative problem-solving, entrepreneurial thinking, being an authentic team player, and strengthening society through fitness and wellness.
About Struct Club
Struct Club is synonymous with bringing structure to instruction for the fitness club community. We are creating the platform for fitness professionals, providing software to help them design and lead classes at the top of their game. Founded in 2017, Struct Club is proud to be backed by Unusual Ventures, has been named a 3-time Harvard Innovation Labs “VIP,” and created a platform technology that has improved over 600 fitness classes at household name health clubs. We are proud to offer a human-centered solution validated through rigorous experimentation, beloved by our current user base, and highly anticipated by top players in the fitness industry.
Our motive is to strengthen fitness professionals so they can strengthen their clients. Our work isn’t complete until every fitness experience is awesome.
The core values that drive us as a company are authenticity, impact, and inclusion. These principles guide everything we do. We believe these ingredients are critical to unlocking human potential, creating a best-in-class business, and building an incomparably awesome working environment for every single teammate.
About this Role
As a mobile developer at Struct Club, you will be an individual contributor helping take an MVP to a market-ready product, contribute to our technical strategy, and work extensively with the Founder and CEO. Already, our initial instructors tell us that our platform saves them time, money, and hassle while making them better and more productive at what they do. Your role will contribute significantly to helping them rise to the very top of their game.
As one of our first full-time employees, you will gain exposure to highly experienced and accomplished professionals across fitness and tech. You will have meaningful influence in the company’s trajectory.
A Note from Struct Club’s Founder & CEO
I personally wanted to share with you why I'm so fired up about Struct Club. After working in the tech industry for years in the Bay Area, I went back to school to get my MBA at Harvard to learn how to start and grow a company that I love. During my MBA I became a fitness instructor as a hobby — teaching cycle classes from 6-8am each day before school. It turned out making a great fitness class was hard! However, I realized much of the effort put into planning and teaching classes could be streamlined. This is the idea that founded Struct Club.
Today, Struct Club is reshaping the fitness industry founded on three core values: authenticity, impact, and inclusion. We are looking for team members to join us on this journey.
- Technical mobile development from MVP to launch and iteration in a fast-paced startup environment
- Collaborate extensively with the Founder/CEO and engineering team on planning, execution, and = success of mobile platform
- Help interview and select diverse and talented software engineers (front end, backend and/or fullstack) as the team grows
- Work with, as necessary, any contractors for short-term projects
- Be a part of prioritization conversations, future roadmapping, and mentorship to future teammates
- Work with users, listening for root needs and ways to get them further with Struct Club
- Care deeply about the success of our team, users, and users’ clients
You should have:
- An excitement for fitness and its impact
- BA/BS in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in mobile software development - writing, releasing, unit testing, and maintaining mobile applications
- Experience using one or more of: Swift/Objective-C/Java/React Native and Apple/Android’s development tools
- Excitement for bringing great products into the world through collaboration and ingenuity
- A strong command of algorithms, data structures, and best practices
- An understanding of human-centered design
- A team-oriented mentality with an openness to experimentation
- Alignment with Struct Club’s core values
- Experience attending cycle/spin, or other music-driven fitness classes
- Experience with backend technologies
- Ability to handle ambiguous problems and make the tradeoffs without compromising quality
- Ability to understand, diagnose, and effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions