Beginner – Advanced
Rock, Heavy Metal, Blues, Jazz, Acoustic, etc.
*Discount for Stanford Students*
My name is Nick, a Stanford Alumni with a doctorate in music. Here are some reasons why I might be your best choice for learning to play guitar:
- I teach music the way music should be taught: fun, interesting, patient, and without intimidation.
- I teach the music YOU want to learn and will learn new music specifically for you if that is what you wish to study.
- In your very first lesson, you will start learning to play a song. Instead of only focusing on drilling scales and techniques, I will teach you how apply these in a musical context.
- I teach musicians of all ages, using the same proven approach. My students range in age from young children to middle school, high school, and college students, as well as working professionals and retirees.
- I’m a recent graduate! I received a Doctor of Musical Arts (D.M.A.) from Stanford University, as well as a Bachelor’s of Music (B.M.) from the SUNY Purchase Conservatory of Music in New York.
- I have a lot of teaching experience. I have been a private teacher in various areas of music including guitar, bass, piano, and composition for over ten years and have also taught music theory, ear training, and computer music at Stanford. I am also currently an Instructor for the Stanford Summer Arts Institute and International Institutes.
- Learn to play in the beautiful music studios at Stanford, at such picturesque historical locations as The Knoll, home to the Center for Computer Research in Music and Acoustics (CCRMA), or from the comfort of your own home, office, or my studio in Woodside.
- I bring my own enthusiasm for learning, my love of music, and a desire to pass on my knowledge into every lesson. I don't have fun unless you have fun!
My students and teachers are available for reference. Please ask for my resume/CV as well!
If you'd like to get started on the path of learning to love guitar, email (email@example.com) to set up that first lesson!
More information can be found at www.nickvirzi.com