Sports & Scholars is hiring tutors & coaches! We pay $40 per hour! We offer private academic tutoring and private athletic coaching. Tutors of all subjects are desired. However, we have an urgent need for a geometry tutor. Test prep and college essay tutors are also in demand. Additionally, we are seeking coaches to teach private lessons in all sports. Applicants must have a car as we tutor in-home.
• Tutors/coaches only tutor subjects they are comfortable tutoring
• Tutors/coaches have flexibility to set their hours
• Students range from 4th -12th grade
• Must have minimum 4 hours per week availability ($160/week)
• Prior tutoring experience and working with kids is desired but not necessary
We're looking for applicants interested in working during the Winter quarter and beyond.
Sports & Scholars was founded in 2011 by a Stanford University student-athlete. Our philosophy is unique. We consider our tutors and coaches mentors more than teachers. We focus on the whole student, not just the grade. In fact, a student's grade is of little importance to us. Yes, we want our students to get good grades, but not at cost of missing out on true learning that will stick with a student beyond a particular test. We are concerned with teaching and enabling students to understand concepts. We feel strongly that a student who takes the time to truly understand a concept will be better prepared for long-term academic success.
Find more information about Sports & Scholars at www.sportsnscholars.com.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS:
* Strong knowledge of many subjects, and a willingness to teach comprehensively
* Authentic love of learning and the world that extends beyond the classroom
* Positive, benevolent outlook on life
* Willingness to learn and internalize Sports & Scholar's unique approach to education, and to contribute to the further development of our curriculum
* Interest in working with upper elementary, middle school and high school aged children and connecting with them as individuals (experience in working with children of this age preferred but not essential)
* Strong communication skills
* A college degree or in progress college degree
* Minimum 4 hours per week availability ($160/week)
* Must be able to travel to student's homes and/or schools
TO APPLY, PLEASE PROVIDE:
1. Please submit a resume.
2. Do you have a car and the ability to travel for in-home tutoring?
3. What was your high school GPA and college GPA?
4. What were your SAT and/or ACT test scores? Any other relevant test scores?
5. Please fill out this form listing the subjects you can tutor: http://goo.gl/forms/zfUTXuHqxQ
6. Do you have any athletic experience you would feel comfortable utilizing as a coach?
7. How many hours a week could you devote to tutoring/coaching? We're looking for a minimum of 4, but ideally 6 or more.
8. How long are you interested in working for us?
Please send all application materials to Austin Trinkle at firstname.lastname@example.org.