We are looking for *one* housemate in a 3 bedroom/2.5 bathroom apartment in Menlo Park, available on April 1. The monthly rent is $1500, and you will additionally pay for PG&E ($30-$90) + internet (~$13) + water (~$35). There will also be a fully refundable security deposit of $1320.
• Next to downtown Menlo Park (close to restaurants, cafes, farmer’s market, tennis courts, soccer fields, etc)
• 10-15 min bike ride to Stanford
• 10-15 min walk to Caltrain and grocery stores (Safeway, Trader Joes)
• 5 min drive to downtown Palo Alto
• Safe and friendly neighborhood
About the house
• 2 floors
• Large living room and kitchen
• Nice patio on the back side
• Underground car parking (total 2 spots)
• Carpet flooring upstairs in the bedrooms, and hardwood flooring downstairs in the living room and kitchen
• Air conditioning and heating
• Washer and dryer in-house
• Living room furnished with couch, dining table and chairs
• Plenty of storage space in garage and in house
About your room
• Built-in closet
• Carpet flooring
• Basic room lighting
• Not furnished (but see additional info below)
• Shared bathroom with a female housemate (housemate #2)
I am a Stanford alumnus, male, in my early thirties. I am a co-founder of a startup based on my doctoral research. I like going on hikes, watching movies/TV shows, working out, and hanging out with friends in my free time. Have been living here for ~2.5 years and really love the place.
I am a Stanford engineering PhD student in my late twenties, entering the job market early next year. I am clean, respectful, open-minded and reliable. The only addictions I have are (damn good) coffees and workouts/sports (recently running, previously climbing, basketball and badminton). As for living habits, I spend most of my time on campus, and cook on weekends and occasionally on weekdays for dinners. My active hours are usually 7a-11p. I work a busy schedule and would like to relax at home. That said, I would be down for weekend hikes/trail running or explorations around the area!
Housemate #3 (You!)
The ideal housemate would be clean, considerate, quiet but communicative, and does not smoke or do drugs. An overnight guest is an exception, not the norm. Can sign the lease for a year, do not sublet and don’t have pets.
Additional info: our current housemate is planning to sell most of his furniture before leaving, so you could purchase it from him if you want and have a zero-hassle move-in!
Email us if you're interested!
More pictures here: https://gofile.io/?c=F0a5X0