I am looking for a woman to take over my lease from Aug 14 (flexible)- Oct 13th. The furnished bedroom (with mattress, lamp, desk, hangers etc) for rent is the master , and there are two other room mates. I can also clear out the room if you prefer unfurnished. One roommates lives in the second bedroom, and the other in the converted living room. My job is ending due to COVID so I am particularly interested in someone who can sublease for the entire period. My two room mates will highly likely be re-signing the lease in October, so if you like the apartment and area there is the possibility to stay on long term by joining them in the lease. My room mates are women in their 20s who work at Stanford medical and in downtown Palo Alto tech company. We are a quiet and clean house (rotating chores, regular 9-5 weekday schedule, etc).
- Rent is $1350/mo. Wifi+ rent insurance is $21/mo. Utilities are 10-30/mo (the high point is in winter months). I haven't paid more than $1400ish in house bills while living here, and in non winter months it stays a bit under $1400 total.
- The room is furnished with a mattress, a floor lamp, hangers, hamper, detergent, and a desk. The mattress is only 7 months old, 8 inch memory foam, full size. I've had a mattress cover on it so with a new cover it's basically a new mattress. I also have kitchen supplies (pan, spices etc) I'm leaving behind.
- The apartment is 3 mins from the Menlo Park Caltrain, and 3 minutes from the free Stanford BOH bus (stops at the children's hospital ~12 min walk from center of campus, or 0 min walk from free Marguerite shuttles). 3-5 minute walk from other busses in the Menlo Park area as well. 1 train stop from downtown Palo Alto for more food and fun.
- 6 minute walk from Trader Joe's and downtown Menlo Park (pharmacies, coffee, post office). 9 min walk from Safeway. 2 min walk from the Menlo Park public library.
- Apt complex has a pool, mail/package area, and laundry room
- Apt is newly remodeled, has a stand up shower and separate tub. Double vanity. Kitchen is very modern. The bedroom has a large closet and hugeeee mirrors.
- Unfortunately due to allergies in the house no pets.
- This area is very walkable, I haven't had a car and have not found it to be an issue. Unfortunately though the apartment is not accessible. It's on the "first" floor but there is still a small staircase leading up to it and no elevator.
Overall I have definitely enjoyed living here, it is a beautiful area with lots of trees and flowers. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions or for more pictures if you are interested, and I am available for virtual tours of the apartment as well!